Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things I Learned from Rocky

I couldn't sleep last night. Nothing new there. And for some reason I can't explain, I started to think about Rocky. Yep. Rocky ... the movie. Actually, all of them. Which you can technically lump under one heading, because let's be honest, they really were all the same movie anyway.

So I was thinking about how Rocky actually taught me a lot about life. True statement. Big life lessons. Such as:

1. Old people die {Mickey}
2. Cocky people die {Apollo}
3. Cheaters never win {Ivan Drago}
4. Mean people suck {Clubber Lang}
5. Survivor wrote some awesome tunes {yes}
6. If you screw with the US, we will kick your butt, and you'll thank us for it {Rocky 4}
7. If you borrow someone else's shorts, you need to launder them before you give them back {Rocky 4}
8. If you forget your place and say something negative to your fake husband {"You can't win!"} you will be subsequently killed off by some mysterious "lady disease" {Rocky 6} - which frankly, I think took WAY too many movies
9. It's generally a good idea to quit when you're ahead {Rocky 5 and 6 - those were hard to watch, and I prefer to think the series ended at 4}

There are few movies I will watch over and over; any Rocky {1-4} is on my list. Nothing feels as good as when Rocky starts pounding the other guy's face and the music starts to build. Now that's a feel-good movie.

No comments: