Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thong Injury

A woman in California is suing Victoria's Secret for injuries sustained due to a defective thong. (Okay, normally here you'd expect the punchline...but sadly, there isn't one.)

Seems the woman was trying on said thong (um, ewww) and a "decorative embellishment" (I don't want to know) FLEW OFF and smacked her in the eye. Her cornea is now supposedly permanently damaged.

First of all, if I get injured by my underwear, I'm not going to publicize it. Especially if I somehow manage to injure my EYE. How exactly does this woman try on underwear???

Anyway, she's suing Victoria's Secret - but I saw pictures of the lady - and I really think they should sue her. She's not one of the pretty people, and only the pretty people should wear VS undies. Now everytime someone thinks VS, they're going to think about her. Double ick.

Meanwhile, VS wants to see said defective undergarment, which Crazy Lady's attorney says "No way, Jose." Um, I've watched enough Law & Order to know that if they go to trial, she's going to have to show her panties. Could be the trial of the century.

Only in California.

3 comments:

Super Rog said...

"I believe that a thong should be a privilage and not a right"
Larry The Cable Guy

Super Rog said...

What's really sad is that some women--and a few men--can put on "granny panties" [or Grandaddy drawers for the men] and due to a poor choice in the size they wind up with thongs.

Super Rog said...

Oops got that quote way wrong.

"I believe that anyone who wants to wear a thong, should have to go through an application proces."

Bill Engvall.