Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happiness 24/7

Last week, the boys were on Spring Break. They have more time off from school than a snow shoveler in SC, so I can't figure out why they need a spring break, but they had it. So they had a week full of activities with grandparents and - not as much fun - mom and dad.

On the morning SuperHubby stayed home with the boys, I decided to run a few errands before work. So I went to Wal-Mart.

Here's the glorious thing: Wal-Mart is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Fabulous.

I arrived in Heaven at 6:45 a.m. (I am a morning person. However, I am asleep by 9:30 on a good day). I was able to spend a full 45 minutes in the store without anyone whining, asking me to buy them things or grabbing their crotch and screaming "I have to go to the bathroom!" (I went before I left the house).

I had a leisurely trip to Wal-Mart, bought all the stuff for my children's Easter baskets, bought a few things that I try to purchase when I'm alone because I don't want to have The Talk with anyone in the middle of the store, and it was wonderful. I was able to peruse the shelves, just to see what they had. They didn't have anything new or exciting, but I got to look.

There was no checkout line. Not a lot of people shop at that hour. It's the best time to go, though, because you get a good parking spot and the stuff hasn't been pawed over yet that day and you don't have to wait in line to pay for your treasures. No one controls your shopping spree but you.

So I had a wonderful little trip. Now I'm counting down to summer vacation.

No comments: