Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lacking Direction

Earlier this week, I got lost on my way to Target. How is that possible? I go to Target at least 3 times a week. Unless I NEED something. Then I make a special trip.

I blame the traffic circles. Who thought this up? This is a terrible idea for someone with even the slightest hint of ADD. There I was, on my way to Target, got a little distracted, and the next thing I know, the road looks very familiar...like I've been there before...

So I got lost. It made me very unhappy, because I was on my way to pick up Spanky from karate, and I was cutting it close. I try to plan my trips to Target and Wal-Mart with only one child in tow. That doesn't need to be explained to anyone who has ever had children, knows children or can spell "children."

So now I'm running late. And I'm lost. Because by now, it's dark. And I don't drive so well in the dark. Actually, I drive fine, I just don't see so well in the dark. Details.

Personally I think they should change the way they label streets. Do I really need to know which two streets intersect at any given point? I think not. Give me helpful signs, like "Turn here for Target," and I'm a happy shopper.

Or they could do away with the big blue hospital signs and make signs like the red and white Target sign. THAT would be helpful. Who needs a sign to find the hospital? Just follow the ambulances. Or the suppository. Either/or.

I finally found Target. But then I got lost inside the store. It just wasn't my night. Apparently the Target people thought it would be funny to move a few things around. Not the entire store, mind you, where I would realize the minute I walked in the doors that something was up, just a couple of random items so I'd have to search forever and still not find my stuff before I had to leave to get the Spankster.

So I got to go back the next night. I went to the one near my house. No traffic circles.

No comments: