Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Whazzup?!

Glad you asked. I've been trying to post but apparently the phone company people have it out for me. I finally got my blogger issues fixed and then, with the massive high winds we had this weekend, BellSouth somehow managed to screw up my phone service. I have spent the last 3 days trying to get help from them, only to realize that it is finally time for me to come into this century and get a high-speed internet connection. And all the people rejoiced.

This past weekend, FrogBoy and I took a road trip to Greenville to see my best friend. The previous post is of the 2 of us at the zoo. I rented a car, because the Suppository doesn't make road trips, especially since we moved within 3 minutes of work/church and school for both boys. If the old girl makes it to my aunt's house (50+ minutes away), that's all I ask.

So I rented a car. Got the "weekend special, intermediate size." Got to the stupid store, and of course they don't have what I had reserved. But they were kind enough to offer to upgrade me - which I totally wasn't going for, being immediately suspicious that they just wanted to tack on extra charges. All said, I ended up going for the upgrade to a Grand Caravan (with stow-n-go seating) for 3 days and it was $85. I just wish I'd had something to stow.

We had a great weekend, although I had to sleep on a futon and my back is still aching. I'm not allowed to complain about that at work, because Shawn says I just need a good chiropractor. Of course, I'd have to be dead to allow someone to touch me, so that's out, but it's nice of him to remind me every day.

My friend and I took our kids to the zoo. Greenville Zoo is very small, and you can see everything in about an hour if you stop and gaze awhile. FrogBoy handles the zoo by running from one exhibit to the next - and that's for the stuff he likes. When it's snakes we skip it altogether. So it didn't take long. My friend and I weren't overly ambitious anyway - we took a 5 month old, a 2 year old with Downs and an 8 year old with autism. And no one was sedated.

Spanky didn't get to make the trip. As I previously posted, he was on restriction from an earlier, unremembered offense. I still can't remember exactly what he did. SuperHubby felt the best punishment was to take him Friday after school (about 1 hour after I left town) to Blockbuster and rent 4 guy movies for the weekend. Now that, my friends, is discipline.

Last night I watched Rocky Balboa. OUCH. This was a good movie, like Rocky was a good movie. Not a good fight movie, but a good way to end the run of Rocky movies. The Professor and I have been discussing this and we seem to agree that it was a far better way to stop doing Rocky than #5.

Meanwhile, I cried during most of Rocky Balboa. The first half I cried because - SPOILER ALERT - Adrian is dead. Now, Adrian always irritated me, frankly. But something about how hard Rocky was taking it really hit me. The guy was a basket case. Then I was ticked at his son, who was a real jerk the first half of the movie. All I could think was "Hey, your dad gave you a cool robot maid in Rocky 4 and this is how you treat him?!" But alas, in true Rocky fashion, things turned around for a happy ending with Dad and Rocky Jr. And I found out that apparently Rocky's real name is Robert. At least that's what they called the boy in the movie, and in Rocky 2, right before she told Rocky to "WIN" against Apollo, Adrian suggested naming the kid after "the father."

The last part of the movie, during the actual fight, I cried the cry that involves the painful, hurts down to your toes tears. I have no explanation for that except that I am a sucker for a Rocky movie.

So - status on my life: 1 trip to Greenville, 1 Rocky Balboa movie. That, my friends, is a pretty good weekend.

No comments: