Friday, January 11, 2008

13

Today is Spanky's 13th birthday. There is no possible way that this can be true, and yet that's what the calendar tells me.

For those who don't know the story, I had a seizure when I was 35 weeks pregnant with Spanky. Never had one before, but boy did I do it right the first time. I went into labor. When we got to the hospital (I was at work, and they weren't exceptionally bright people, so it took a few minutes) I had another seizure...and we both stopped breathing. We almost died.

After an emergency C-section, I spent the next 2 days in la-la land. When I woke up, I didn't even remember being pregnant (it came back to me after they told me I had a baby). Spanky spent a week in neonatal ICU. It was a rough week. Poor SuperHubby had to deal with all that and family too.

So this year, as I wallow in self-pity over how old I must be to have a 13-year-old, I have to thank God that He saved us. I tried saving some pix but apparently I'm not smart enough to make my computer work; sevearal weeks ago I screwed it up and things haven't been the same with posting since.

Anyway, happy birthday Spanky. I will show off your baby pictures another day.

2 comments:

bekster said...

He seems too cute to be a teenager. Happy Birthday, Spanky!

Super Rog said...

Happy 13th Birthday Spanky