Tuesday, August 05, 2008

License to Drive

Recently I've noticed a lot more personalized license plates on cars. The first time I saw this cute little trendiness, I was in middle school and one of the snobby high schoolers was given a BMW by her rich daddy. The license plate read ITSMINE.

Now I've noticed people trying to be super-clever with their tags. SOCRMOM, USCFAN, PAIDFOR, ELCID84 (for those not from Charleston - Citadel graduate, class of 1984). There is a virtual plethora of personalized tags around town. Most you can tell what they mean; some get too cutesy and you don't have a clue.

I actually knew a woman whose tag was WITCH. She wanted something different; the DMV wouldn't let her put a cuss word on the back of her car. She settled. Personally I think if the DMV had known her better, they would have let her have the one she really wanted.

I've been trying to come up with something fantastic for my car. Can't do it. I was thinking GR8HAIR but that's a given...so why even bother? HOTMAMA is probably taken. I could go with LORIFIT but that's a little lame. So I think I'll just stick with regular DMV issue boringness.

Meanwhile, I saw the BEST PLATE EVER last week. It was WDYTISF. It only took me a minute. Can you figure it out?

9 comments:

bekster said...

"Why Do You Think It's So Funny?"

Lori Fitzgerald said...

Close - but not quite

Super Rog said...

WDYTTSI

What Do You Think That Smell Is

SRNAGF

Super Rog Needs A Girl Friend

bekster said...

"Women Don Yuppie Trousers In San Francisco"

bekster said...

Ohhh... maybe "What Do You Think Is So Funny?"

Coach Sal said...

What do YOU think it stands for?

Lori Fitzgerald said...

There's a reason I call him The Professor...Larry wins!

Super Rog said...

SGDSR
Some Girl Deserves Super Rog

Super Rog said...

SGDSR
Some Girl Deserves Super Rog