Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Moving Into This Century

In the past 24 hours, I have signed up for Facebook and Twitter. I'm not entirely sure what to do with either of these tools, or how to do it, but I'm excited that I can actually pretend like I'm cool now.

I only have 1 person following me on Twitter. That's a little sad. And I only have 42 friends on Facebook. I don't know if that's sad or not.

Now that I've joined the rest of the world, count on these 2 to go by the wayside within the next 6-8 months.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A few tips for getting followers on Twitter.

1. Post your Twitter username up on your blog so that your readers can follow you.

2. Follow others. There are many Charleston area bloggers using Twitter who you may be interested in following. You can follow me for starters!

3. Start posting. As you build a history of "tweets", people will stumble across your stream and follow based on interest.

It takes some time, but you'll be having interesting discussions before you know it.

On Facebook, you should check out the Lowcountry Bloggers Group.

Super Rog said...

Gee you're on TWITer?

Super Rog said...

I knew Lori was a Twit.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lori, rest assured... now that you twitter, you ARE cool!