Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me :: Part 3

Another thing I had on my birthday wish list was a puppy. I've been trying to convince SuperHubby this was a good idea ever since we moved back to Mt. Pleasant almost 5 years ago. We had to give up our Boxers when we moved, because they were too big for our townhouse, but a smaller dog, well...that would work.

Slight problem: SH doesn't really like small dogs. He wasn't working with me on this one. So I suffered in semi-silence and hatched my plan. After all, he couldn't refuse my ONE 40th birthday wish, right? (Yes, I know, it seems like I have a LOT of "one birthday wishes" - it's true).

Anyway, he finally started seeing things my way. I've always wanted a Boston Terrier...or a Pug was my second choice...so the hunt was on. We searched online for rescues, but they were all out of state and very expensive, and I wanted to meet the dog before I got it. So I decided to go the SPCA route.

I started looking online and found the PERFECT puppy...a Boston Terrier/Pug mix. I went to meet him and fell in love immediately. Even better, he was very obviously in love with me. I brought him home May 2.

He is 8 months old, and he's the best dog ever. He is completely house trained, crate trained, he doesn't bark, he doesn't jump...he's just great. He acts like he's been part of our family forever.

I named him Jovi.



No comments: