Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me...Part 2

Ok, so confession time: I have an extensive list of things I want for my 40th birthday. Hey, you only turn 40 once, right? Most of the wishes on my list are seemingly impossible, which makes this post even more exciting.

One of my dreams has been to see Jon Bon Jovi in concert. In person. In all his gorgeousness. So I was going to do that this year...for The Circle tour. Unfortunately, I didn't have the cash when tickets went on sale, and Jon's sort of a big deal, so the concert was sold out when I could swing it financially.

Fast forward to mid-April. Naeem and Ashley, who were formally on staff at Seacoast and started their own church, Mosaic, in Charlotte, were going to the concert. And had 2 extra tickets. Naeem decided to have a contest on his blog for the 2 extras. I read it and dismissed it...until I realized (1) this is my dream, and (2) you can't win if you don't enter.

Well, several people entered, so they decided to let his blog readers choose the winner. All you had to do was get the most votes. Well, apparently I took this way more seriously than the rest of the finalists, because I WON!

Yep...I was going to see BON JOVI.

I took the sis-in-law. Here we are on the way to Charlotte. Yes, we rode with the top down the whole way there.



The concert was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Ok, I've only been to a couple of other concerts in my life (Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, and many, many Statler Brothers concerts). But this was THE concert. And man, did Jon look amazing. And he sounded even better.



I know I'm biased because he is my most favorite person on the planet, but I think what I enjoyed most about his performance (other than how incredible he looks and sounds, which frankly is just a given) is that he seems to truly enjoy what he's doing. When he smiles, which he does a lot, it seems very genuine. He thanked the audience so many times that I lost track. And, oh wow, that smile.



So yeah, best birthday present EVER.



No comments: