Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me ~ Part 4

The birthday celebrations are really rolling now. I hope I can keep up the momentum through August. (yea, like that will be a problem!)

So...I got my first tattoo 5 years ago when we visited SuperHubby's family in PA. It is a cross with a shamrock in the center and it's on my right ankle. In case you were wondering. And I know you were.

Ever since then, I have become addicted. I really wanted another tattoo. Several, actually, but I figured maybe I should take things slow. Plus, they're sort of permanent, so I wanted to make sure I chose the right design, in the right spot, for the right reason.

Never one to jump into things, it took me 5 years to make up my mind about tattoo #2. SH and I went Friday, and here I am with Chuck, our tattoo artist at the Blu Gorilla.


And the final product :: a heart and Celtic knot intertwined together, shaded blue, in honor of Spanky and FrogBoy.

To quote Spanky: "Mommy, you're gonna be all tatted up by the time I graduate from high school." Out of the mouths of babes.

1 comment:

felicia said...

i have a tattoo in the same place and ouch!
but let me just tell you the top of the foot is worse...in case you were planning on that for your next one. but i guess since you've given birth TWICE tattoos are probably all like "pffft, is that supposed to hurt"....
despite the pain i too am addicted and want more and more! eeeee!