Friday, March 24, 2006

SuperStud...or SuperDork?

A few weeks back, SuperHubby had to test for his black belt in Tang Soo Do. For those keeping track, that would be his second black belt. He's so hard to please.

Anyway, he spent several weeks prior to the test fretting about it. The tension was pretty high in our house. It would have been one thing if it were just the physical test. But there was also an oral portion. And a written portion. And it was supposed to take 8 hours. And the Big Cheese was coming to make them all sweat through it.

Turns out the Big Cheese is a pretty funny guy. First thing he did was tell them there wasn't going to be a written test. And the oral part was only 4-5 questions per student. So that was a breeze. But the actual physical part was pretty grueling.

SuperHubby has asthma. Not wow-I'm-wheezing-a-bit asthma, but darn-I-think-I'm-dying asthma. He also has a tremendously stubborn streak. So while he couldn't breathe worth a lick, to the point where his wonderful and beloved wife had to literally leave the building because she was so broken up over the fact that he was killing himself, SH decided to keep pushing on. Okay, so that's one of the things I really love about him; he doesn't give up. But that's also one of the things I really hate ... sometimes my life would be easier if he did.

It wasn't pretty. I spent most of the time trying to figure out how I was going to get SH, his mom AND the boys to the hospital - since the suppository was still out of commission and I was driving SH's StudMobile. I didn't enjoy the day much at all. But he did fine and ended up living through it.

Turns out he passed. Not that I had any doubt he would. So now he's got 2 black belts. And a wife who's a nervous wreck. I guess he's a stud after all ... with severe dork-like tendencies.

1 comment:

Chris Cree said...

I think he may have just crossed over into Mega-Super-Stud territory.

That and his dress pants should never fall down again, what with two black belts and all...

Totally impressive! Wow!