Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Life As...Iguana Eye Boogers

Lately, Spanky has been reading the Wally McDoogle series "My Life As..." by Bill Myers. It's a great Christian series for little boys (and their moms, apparently). I've been reading along so I can monitor his progress when he does these major oral book report/presentations that count for 97% of his reading grade.

The stories are about a kid named Wally (duh). He's a gigantic dork, who has a terrible time with everything, including life in general. The stories all have a Christian theme, which Wally has to learn the hard way, of course. We've read two so far. The first was about courage. The second was about humility. Good lessons for the Spankster to learn, and even better when he doesn't really realize he's learning them while doing his homework.

I realized last night that my life is beginning to parallel the books. Not so much the activity in the books, but at least the fact that things haven't seemed to go just right for me lately, and I am feeling like...well...Iguana Eye Boogers. Or something equally gross.

It's nothing in particular. And everything in general. Just can't seem to get out of the funk. It's not a bad thing. But I'm much more fun (and cuter) when I'm happy. So what's the deal? I just don't know.

One thing we determined last week is that Spanky is being bullied at school. Yep, me and SuperHubby, sleuths that we are, figured this one out all by our selves. Halfway into the school year. Once Spanky told us about it. Amazing, aren't we?

Maybe I feel bad about not protecting him more. Maybe I feel bad for not noticing. I know I feel bad about not being able to go to the school and kick this kids fanny into niceness.

Then I have to deal with all sorts of changes going on at work. Okay, not major changes, just where I sit basically, but I'm not really enjoying it. It's not stressing me out, which is a huge accomplishment for me, but frankly, I'd prefer for things to remain the same unless I'm the one making the change. (Ask SuperHubby. He'll tell you. Nothing changes at our house unless I decide it does...and then it needs to happen RIGHT NOW!)

This week we've gotten fantastic news about FrogBoy and his speech therapy. This will make other therapies line up for him and I expect wonderful things to take place. I'm believing it. Once again, we are more than blessed.

Things have turned around at school for the Spankster. And he's been acting like a human (not a tween) for the better part of a week (this morning not included).

Life is good. So why do I feel like snot?

No comments: