Monday, February 06, 2006

Things I Don't Understand

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Not much else going on. And I've realized there are quite a few things in this world that I don't understand. For example:
  • Why do public schools feel compelled to take at least 4 days off each and every month? Why can't they shorten the big holidays and make the short people go year-round?
  • Why is Hollywood so infatuated with remaking old movies and TV shows? Do they not have a creative bone in their collective bodies? And why, when they call a do-over, do they generally louse it up?
  • Why are Krackel bars only offered in the Hershey's miniature variety bag and not as a full-size candy bar?
  • Why is it, now that I've started losing weight and looking really hot, that my hair has decided to totally putz out? (this is not really a question, I just wanted everyone to know I've been losing weight)
  • Why are all the NFL teams located in cities except for the Panthers, which are based in "Carolina"? That's not even a state. They make us share. The Virginias don't ever have to share. The only people that get ripped off worse on the New England Patriots...They have a whole region that has only one team to their name. (I don't know much about football, but I can watch a game and understand what's happening, which is one small reason SuperHubby married me.)
  • Why is it that I can remember every single phone number I've ever dialed but I can't remember my children's social security numbers?
  • Why didn't the fashions of the 80s stay in style? (actually - I have pictures - I know the answer to this one)

Deep thoughts for such a fabulous chick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My, my Lori... Excuse me for noticing, but have you been losing weight?? (And you probably didn't think anyone was noticing, did you?) Oh, and another thing: I hate to be picky, but it seems like your hair lately has been looking a little..."putz"y. Probably just a coincidence. Oh well....
King of the South