Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Blog U

In the past few weeks, my family has gotten a high-speed internet connection, we've killed our landline and all gone to cell phones, and I've finally managed to tame my issues with Blogger. I'm not 100% certain of anything I just said, but my smart friends have told me it's all good.

Unfortunately, I'm not at all computer savvy. I'd like to update my blog a bit - give it a fresh new look - but I don't have a clue how to do it. My most recent accomplishment has been to include pictures. Wow.

So...I know there are people out there who can tell me...without all the extra verbiage that instructions tend to have...how to...
  1. link to someone else's blog in the text of my post (Shawn has given me the tutorial on this many times, and I'm sure he'll grit his teeth when he reads this, but I can't for the life of me remember)
  2. list other blogs that I read on the side of my blog. Everyone does this. Except me. And I read several blogs - most of which are pretty entertaining.
  3. Include a picture in my profile. I'm sure everyone would love that, but I can't figure it out.

Blogger recently sent me an email telling me I could update the look of my blog to make it new and fresh. I can't handle the old template, much less a new one. Are they trying to stress me out?

I usually don't post expecting anyone to reply, but this time I'm really hoping someone will. I just pray that it's someone smart.

2 comments:

Cryssy said...

Lori,
You don't know me but I go to church with Ann and Larry. I found your link and can tell you your first question. On the posting page where you type up your post there are little buttons across the top of the text square. They are below where you enter the title of your post. There is a button that has a sideways figure "8" and a green "earth". Whatever text in your post that you want to make a link, you just highlight it and click that button. A window will pop up and you just enter the website address in the url blank. Click "okay" and your done. So here is the break down.
*highlight the text
*click the link button
*enter website
*click "okay"
Hope that helps. I can help you with the others but I figured one at a time for now. Hee hee Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Good post.