Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Patient Update

I have about 10 minutes before I have to pick FrogBoy up from school...so I thought I'd take a minute to pass along the SuperHubby update.

The surgery went very well. It was rough at first, because of course they had difficulty getting an IV going. They ended up getting a very late start, so much so that SH sent a nurse out to make sure I wasn't in panic mode in the waiting area. Sadly, I just wanted breakfast.

The ENT said he couldn't have asked for the surgery to go any better and he believes he has repaired all the leaks in the inner ear. He was very fortunate to be able to go through the ear canal rather than having to slice the ear, fold it back and go in that way. Okay, I'll wait for everyone to recover from that last little tidbit.

Surgery was right at 2 hours, as planned. Saw SH after, he was complaining of nausea and pain, which are both normal after surgery of any sort for him. He wasn't acting like he normally does when he's complaining of nausea and pain though, so I think he may have still be under the influence. He wasn't making much sense. He did manage to squeeze out "What did he say" and "What are my vitals" about a gazillion times - so he's normal.

The biggest concern for SH now is that he may have to stay in the hospital an extra day, and that is stressing him in a big way. I have tried to calm him down but so far it hasn't worked. Of course, I left him sleeping so he may not remember it at this point.

Spanky did amazingly well with the whole surgery thing. He even went to the gift shop - with no money - and came back with a gift for me and change! He never ceases to amaze me!

Off to get FrogBoy from school. Thanks for all the prayers. Scott's daughter Coleman did well too - check out his blog for details on her recovery!

2 comments:

Super Rog said...

Hi Lori
How are you Lori
Nice hair Lori.
Ok now quit whining, I asked.
I'm glad that Adam is doing well.
I've already posted to Scott and Meghan's blog about my future Sweetie, Coleman.

Tell Adam and the boys hello.

By the way...what can the Wx1 class do for Frogboy's upcoming B-day?

Coach Sal said...

The main reason Adam asked "what are my vitals" is so that, even in his drug-induced near-coma, he can smile and say, "Pulse 49? Beat that, Larry."