Monday, May 28, 2007

Stuff I Need (Apparently)

My sis-in-law had a fun post about googling yourself and coming up with a list of things you "need." The exercise sounded a little familiar, but I thought it might be fun to try again. I was quickly reminded why it sounded familiar - I participated in November 2005 when Geoff offered the same suggestion. What was really funny was that only 2 entries have found their way to Google since that time. So, without further ado, my list of "Lori needs" - dating back to November 2005 but updated to present day
  1. Lori needs to vent.
  2. Lori needs sunglasses for all those candles. (ok, that was just cruel)
  3. Lori needs our help and support now more than ever.
  4. Lori needs a change.
  5. Lori needs to cut her mom some slack. (no comment from the peanut gallery)
  6. Lori needs to let herself off the hook. If her house is fairly clean and organized, great. It doesn't need to be perfect. (Amen, sister!)
  7. Lori needs help moving.
  8. Lori needs ideas and volunteers. (she will, of course, ignore both)
  9. Lori needs to be aware of her own anger and how it is affecting her. (for the last *^#* time, I'm not angry!)
  10. Lori needs 1 more year to finish med school. (see, all those trips to MUSC are actually paying off!)
  11. Lori needs to do a lot more shopping. (but seriously, don't we all?!)

This is a slightly stressful week. SH has surgery, I have to fight the good fight with Spanky and school, FrogBoy's birthday is in 1 week and I have to figure out how to make everything normal and great for everyone. My friends are going through surgery with their daughter. I cried at work last week. So this was a nice little break from reality.