Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Out on a Limb

Recently the Fitzgerald household has decided to join the rest of the world in upgrading our gizmos and thingamajigs. We have ditched our landline and gone high speed internet, baby!

If this didn't sound so pathetic, it would be really cool. Of course, everyone else in this country (and some in 3rd world countries) did this many moons ago, which just shows how resistant to change I am.

So now I can actually access my work email from home without doing a load of laundry while waiting for it to come up (full load - wash and dry). It's actually so fast, I emailed my boss earlier today, checked 1 teeny tiny email, and he emailed me back. Technology.

Since we were losing the landline, I decided we needed to upgrade to good cell phones. What does that mean? Glad you asked. It means that I am now sporting a super sexy pink RAZR, SuperHubby has a black RAZR, and Spanky & FrogBoy inherited my old phone (which was in pretty good shape, thank you very much) as their "house phone." It also means that while we are all incredibly impressed with ourselves, we spend quite a bit of time calling people back after we inadvertantly hang up on them, because we haven't the slightest idea how to work these new phones. But we're cool.

It's been a couple of weeks with the new phones, and SH got the internet working today. I give it until this weekend, and if all's still going well, I'll cancel the landline. Old habits die hard.

No comments: