Monday, July 16, 2007

What a Weekend!

This past weekend was an amazing one for our family. It started off pretty lousy - our air conditioning went out on Friday, quite possibly the hottest day in the history of mankind. Our thermostat only would register 90 - and it stayed there. The office brought us a window unit, which blasted cold air, but only directly in front of the unit. And sadly, we all sleep upstairs. By the time I got up Saturday morning, I had lost 37 pounds from sweating so much.

The repairmen showed up at our house at 7:30 a.m. Saturday. I have never been so happy to see people I didn't know. They stayed all day, throughout the monsoon and everything, and finished up at some point before we got home from church.

Church was the awesome part of the weekend. Spanky had been having some conversations with his karate instructor, explaining that he'd like to be a minister like his dad (we'll get him past the dislike of hospitals soon, I'm sure). This led to many conversations with SuperHubby about accepting Christ (which he'd already done) and his next step...baptism. So Saturday after church, SuperHubby baptized Spanky.





My brother and sis-in-law and their kids came to the service, and my aunt and uncle came for the baptism. It was really great to share this moment with our family. It was one of the highlights of my mom-hood!
To top it off, I got an unexpected gift from my brother and sis-in-law from Rome - they brought me the coolest bracelet that has purses all around it!
Nothing tops the baptism though! Even though we had to do it in the rain, even though we forgot towels - it was FANTABULOUS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please give my congratulations to Spanky... that is awesome! I knew I liked that kid... :)

Super Rog said...

I've got a new dream. I want to be licensed as a minister [old dream actually] and if I may then have the honor...I wanna baptize one of my favorite buddies, Frog Boy.

Ok so he'll probably get that from his Dad way before that happens...how selfish can he be?

Ann said...

Thanks for inviting us- it was an honor...

Anonymous said...

THIS IS AWESOME--I'M SO PLEASED FOR sEAN--PRAISE THE LORD!

...SPANKY? DID I KNOW ABOUT ALL THESE NICKNAMES?

rENEE r.