Monday, August 13, 2007

God is Good, ALL the Time

So last week I was whining a bit. Life was hard.

On Wednesday, one of my best friends asked me to attend staff prayer because he was speaking and he needed a friendly face for support. Yes, he picked me. Keep reading and you'll realize it was totally a God thing.

His topic was "God is faithful and He wants to bless you." He spoke a lot about his little girl; but at the end, he included some car blessings he and his wife have had over the years. I listened to him and thought "How awesome for them!" End of story.

Or so I thought. I couldn't sleep that night. Being ever-so-sharp, around midnight I figured maybe God needed my attention for something. So I started praying. I like to sleep, so I was hoping we could get to the point quickly. Well, I really felt like God was telling me that I hadn't completely turned over my car situation to Him, even though I thought I had, so I decided right then and there to stop fretting and just thank God daily that I was one day closer to my new car. I didn't know how many days I'd have to pray that way, but it was okay. And I slept like a baby.

Cut to the chase: Thursday morning, someone close to me blessed me with - not just a car - but the desire of my heart, a van. I had told my aunt earlier in the week that I wasn't even thinking along those lines, because I KNEW I'd never get what I really wanted...another van. I had made up my mind to be thrilled with a station wagon or small sedan. But God wants to give us the desires of our heart, and he did with me last week!

If you happen to know who gave me the van, please don't post it on the blog, or approach them about it. They aren't about that. I considered not even posting this so as to not draw attention to their gift, but I had to let everyone know what the Lord had done for us.

It's really funny - we wanted to give away the suppository, but she was so nasty, no one would take her. She didn't move 3 feet. We had to sell her for scrap. We felt a little guilty about selling her. But we made enough from her to put insurance and pay taxes on the new-to-us van. It still amazes me how God has all this lined up if we'll just get out of His way. He wants to bless us. We just have to move over and let Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I don't know you but have enjoyed reading your blog for a long time now. You always make me laugh and I find such stregenth in your faith and love of the Lord. Thank you for sharing this with us readers and thank you for being such an awesome example of a strong woman of God!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. :) I love it when God does things like that... giving you not just what you thought you could get, but what you really wanted. I had heard that you did in fact get a vehicle, but I didn't know the details. Thank you for sharing the story... that is encouraging.