Saturday, August 11, 2007

Stuff about Me

My sis-in-law recently blogged 50 random facts about herself. My most recent posts have been whiney, so this inspired me to post something fun...at least something I hope will be fun. So without further ado...and in no particular order...
  1. My favorite color is brown (right now).
  2. I love 80s music. I can sing anything and everything 80s, tell you the artist and probably act out the music video.
  3. I have nuturally fabulous hair (no kidding).
  4. I have cut my naturally fabulous hair very short 3 times in my entire life. My mother did it once when I was young, major trauma ensued, and I didn't do it again until high school. At that point, SH (who was only a crush at the time) told me I looked like a boy. More trauma. Then I cut it again after FrogBoy was born. It was completely uneven and I looked horrible. No more haircuts for Lori!
  5. I love boxing, martial arts and football.
  6. I will watch any action film, any time, anywhere.
  7. While I am not a fan of the girlie films, I enjoy spending my weekends curled up on my bed with a glass of sweet tea, a magazine or book on organizing, and a cheesy Lifetime TV movie.
  8. My first car was a 1989 fire-engine red Plymouth Sundance. It was actually purchased in 1989, from a dealership. My car payment was $127.36 a month.
  9. I was a licensed insurance agent for 10 years before I started working at Seacoast. That sounds impossible, but I got my license when I was 18.
  10. I also got my drivers license when I was 18. Just didn't care about it until then.
  11. I loved being pregnant.
  12. I originally wanted to have 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls, preferrably 1 set of twins. How cute to think I had any say in the matter.
  13. I lived next door to my grandparents and my aunt when I was growing up.
  14. I love to cross stitch. I have done Rainbow Row 3 times.
  15. I was on the track team when I was in middle school. For 1 day. Then I was disqualified because my grades weren't up to snuff.
  16. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (and you thought I was just cranky).
  17. I type a bazillion words a minute.
  18. I am working on creating the PERFECT daytimer.
  19. My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson.
  20. I used to write poetry ( a long time ago).
  21. I climbed to the top of a local water tower in high school. I climbed right back down when the property owner threatened to call the police. Who knew THAT was illegal??
  22. I can say all 50 states in alphabetical order in under 30 seconds.
  23. I have a BB lodged in my butt (near my spine).
  24. The same year I got shot with the BB, I got 2nd degree burns on my hand from tossing hot grease into a frying pan. And people wonder why I don't cook.
  25. I love to play games. No one else in my house does.
  26. I love thunderstorms (if I'm at home).
  27. I don't like driving at night or in the rain...or worse, at night IN the rain.
  28. I am horrible on road trips that last more than 30 minutes.
  29. I love dogs. I would have a dozen if SH would let me.
  30. One of my favorite groups is The Statler Brothers. If you don't know who they are, Google them...they are the most awesome country group ever.
  31. I will watch any episode of "I Love the 80s," "Law & Order" (any version) or "NYPD Blue" if it comes on. Ditto that for the "Rocky" and "Die Hard" movies.
  32. My favorite movie of all time is "The Sound of Music."
  33. There are days I still wish I could have had more children.

Okay, so I didn't come up with 50 on my first effort. I will post more later, when Froggie isn't needing help finding a Lego RIGHT NOW. Hope this gave some insight into the fascinating person that is ME :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous poems and great Hai Kus(spelling?)

WHAT WATER TOWER?????

Super Rog said...

And Froggie said wants to be a fireman, an artist and "A world famous Lego-ist"