Sunday, August 05, 2007

Trouble in River City

Things haven't gone so well since my last post. The stupid suppository didn't get the memo with my plan of action, which was that we would drive her until she died completely, hopefully around tax time, which would allow us to purchase a new-to-us vehicle. Instead, the dumb old girl died right after my last post. Nice.

So now I am carpooling with SuperHubby - and let me just tell you, he's not the most talkative, happy person in the morning. And I'm a morning person. Not a good combination.

So we've been doing the sharing thing, which is a bit of a logistical nightmare but on most days can be figured out, at least until school starts. In 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, I have to be thankful that we moved to Mt. Pleasant before all this happened. On most days, I make a triangle between work, school and home, and TECHNICALLY it could be walked if necessary. We've talked about getting SH a bike. It could be worse.

And then, just the other day, MUSC calls to let me know that, hello, they've screwed up the accounting records for SH's last surgery (wow - who didn't see that coming) and could I please send them $1600 RIGHT NOW or they'll be happy to turn us over to collections? Oddly enough, they aren't interested in the records I've kept where I've paid them - what difference would that make, after all? If memory serves, this will be the 4th time they've done this to us - with 3 accounts going to collections and 1 going to a tax lien - all because they can't get their act together. But that's another blog for another time.

The only good thing this week was that my mother got baptized by my brother, with SH offering up quite the lengthy prayer, and that is a very cool thing.

Frankly, I'm ready for 2008.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm reading your blog religiously again.... And I love the song "trouble in river city" from the music man.... Can you believe that we started these blogs 2 years ago in the "promiseland" as someone dear to our hearts used to call it...

Kinney Kids Parents said...

That is so cool to hear about Hope. What an awesome thing, now if we can only get you baptized! Just kidding. Oh by the way, have you seen the movie, M.P. and the Holy Grail?

Kinney Kids Parents said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coach Sal said...

I'm with you. Bring on '08. That just means they'll relase new DayTimers.