Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Awesome Tee - Part 1

Several months ago, I read an article about a family that has 6 autistic kids. Actually, that's a technicality - they have 6 kids on the spectrum. Two have Asperger's and one has PDD-NOS...but 2 are severely autistic and non-verbal, so if they want to simplify things and say they have 6 autistic kids, I'm not going to argue.

Anyway, I was reading this article and noticed in one of the pictures that one of the non-verbal kids had this great tee-shirt. It said:

I'M AUTISTIC. WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM??

That really tickled me. Sometimes we just have to laugh at the issue at hand - that's the only thing we can do. So I began frantically searching the internet for other awesomely inspiring tees with autistic messages.

I found a site that carries over 3000 autism-related products. Another one I like is:

AUTISM...NEVER A DULL MOMENT.

I'll share more throughout the month. Count on things to get snarkier as the days go by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubbe says:

Check out the latest findings about Autism and genius...
Michael's just plain Awesome!

Super Rog said...

Check out that book I gave you. My favorite quote is about the bumper sticker that said: "My kid does things differntly than your kid"