Tuesday, April 01, 2008

On My Soapbox

Okay, so today is April 1. The first day of Autism Awareness Month. Lucky for you, it's a short month. My intent this month is to post at least one tidbit every day about this uninvited, permanent guest in our lives.

Today, I'll start with something I find interesting. Seems this very intelligent, yet autistic, guy in Dublin, by the name of Michael Fitzgerald (no kidding) did some research to find out about other very intelligent, autistic folks. Here's a short list of historical figures who seemingly were on the spectrum:

Hans Christian Anderson
Lewis Carroll
Albert Einstein (sometimes FrogBoy has the same hair, so I can see this connection)
Thomas Jefferson
Michaelangelo
Mozart
Sir Isaac Newton
George Orwell
Andy Warhol
...and several serial killers...but we're not going to count them.

All that to say, my child is a genius, he just processes things differently than other kids, and if you don't like it, he doesn't care. For that matter, neither do I. He's mine, he's perfect, and I love him.

Happy 1st day of Autism Awareness Month!

Be sure to tune in to CNN tomorrow for their coverage of World Autism Awareness Day.

1 comment:

Super Rog said...

Thanks for the info Lori. I love Frogboy.

I just posted on my blog www.thesuperrogfiles.blogspot.com about Autism. I've also linked to your blog.