Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

We have a little issue with FrogBoy. (If you've been reading every day this month, you're probably thinking we have a LOT of little issues with FrogBoy. You would be correct.)

Anyway, FrogBog does not like to be cold. And EVERYTHING makes him cold. It causes great distress every morning, from the time SuperHubby tries to wake him up ("But it's COLD!!"), to the time SH wraps him in a snuggly warm blanket so he'll eat breakfast, to the time I try to get him dressed for school (while he's hiding under said snuggly warm blanket, screaming, "But I'm COLD!!!!!!")

No amount of coaxing or pleading or screaming or threatening helps. It takes an act of Congress to move him along to getting his clothes on. After 10 years, we still haven't convinced him he'll be LESS cold if he puts MORE clothes on.

And this is in the summer months. Forget it during the winter. I'd rather cut off my toe than have to try and get him dressed. It is not fun.

To make matters worse, water makes him even colder, and he isn't particularly fond of getting wet (which is why sometimes we don't leave the house when it's raining), and if water gets in his eyes - water, not soap - he is BLINDED FOR LIFE!!!! Are you seeing where I'm going with this? Bathing the child is a daily battle.

But here's the twist: The minute he walks in the door, whether it's summer or winter, he takes off all his clothes. He streaks around the rest of the evening in just his underwear, possibly socks, and maybe his blanket wrapped around his shoulders for good measure. But HE'S NEVER COLD. I don't understand.

I asked him yesterday why he took off all his clothes. SH suggested it might be because I do the same thing. In my defense, I take off my shoes and my bra and put on a ratty tee when I get home...but I see his point. I'm not much for clothes myself, so while we're blaming the autism for Froggie's naked desires, it may actually just be hereditary.

Lucky Froggie. He takes after me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's worse is that you take after ME!

I've been stripping since I was spotted (at age 3) by a neighbor when I was standing in my sandbox with nary a stitch on my cute patoot!

:) MOM