Sunday, October 23, 2005

Forever Young

I am a child of the 80s. I love everything about the 80s. The clothes, the hair, the music, you name it. I'm not even embarrassed by it anymore...not since VH-1 decided to air 3, count 'em, 3 shows about this wonderful, marvelous decade.

So this weekend I was driving around with the boys in the car. It's an all 80s weekend on the radio. And suddenly I realized something very startling...when I'm listening to 80s music, I am transformed. I'm not driving the Suppository; I'm driving my fire-engine red 89 Sundance. I've got long, flowing, curly hair. Awesome hair. (Okay, nothing's changed there...it's still awesome). I'm belting out Air Supply and Night Ranger and anything cheesy or hair-bandy. Fabulous. I'm not wearing my frumpy old lady glasses, I've got on my cool snakeskin shades. And I'm skinny.

Say it with me: FANTASY.

I'm 35 now. I don't feel 35. I don't feel like I should have a 10-year old and a 7-year-old. How is that possible? I'm so young. And totally hot.

I was with my sis-in-law this weekend. We were driving with our 2 youngest in the car ... car seats, no less. And this Explorer with 2 VERY young (and cute!) guys pulls up alongside the van and drives next to us for FOREVER. Now, she has her own business, so her name and phone number are on the side of the van, so I'm sure that made them feel a little more confident. But we were thrilled! When they drove off, there was so much high-fiving in the van, we almost went off the road!!!

I'm pretty sure they were drunk. But let me tell you...it was a tremendous boost to my ego.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site really cracks me up. Although it took me a long time to find a braille computer screen.
Singed,
H.K.

Anonymous said...

Nice post...I too was kid in the 80s. I wish I would have kept all my 80s gear...I mean I had shiny jackets, trench coats, pointed boots, z cavaricci everything...ah what great days.

Here's an 80s site you might get a kick out of...if you've got a pic put it up there :)
http://www.iwasso80s.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori Fitzgerald. I was looking for motorcycle related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a motorcycle site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Check it out when you can :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Lori Fitzgerald. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for motorcycle related information and found your site. I have a motorcycle site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please try and visit it, see what you think and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori Fitzgerald, very unique blog you have! I was looking for chrome for harley davidsons related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a chrome for harley davidsons site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please visit and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Lori Fitzgerald, I was looking for harley davidson chopper parts related information and found your site. I have a harley davidson chopper parts site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!