Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Week-est Link

Yesterday I had a terrible week. Indeed, after many, many tremendous Lori Weeks, Monday was a terrible, horrible, not-so-good day. Bummer.

My incredibly intelligent friend Doodles pointed out this morning that - as God told her at 4 a.m. - this was Satan pulling out the file of everything that had worked in the past on me and putting them all together - IN ONE DAY! What a butthead (Satan, not Doodles!).

I guess it actually started last week. I realized that out of 5 women in my office, 4 of them are blonde, beautiful and skinny. For the 3 people reading this who haven't met me, picture Roseanne...but only slightly nicer...but a lot less Yankee. Is there a reason I must be surrounded with ladies like this? I love them all, but honestly...my ego can't take this. I'm used to being the cutest one around (of course, that was when I was in insurance, and I worked with all guys, but I WAS the cutest).

Now last weekend SuperHubby killed his car. He revived it for a day, then it went kaput in our driveway. Not only does that mean sharing a car - which means he's driving the suppository, because I don't get to drive unless I'm taking him to the hospital - but on top of that, instead of pushing it to the front of the driveway, SH decided it would be a good idea to push it into the middle of the yard. We now have the most ghettolicious house on our street.

Lots of other junk has happened since then, but to make our home situation even worse, SuperHubby has now injured the suppository. It happened at school; he went over a speed bump going a little too fast (90) and bottomed out and now the muffler is making an odd sound. Idaho called and asked us to keep it down. So on top of the car in the yard, we have the suppository making a sound like a huge fart - which is NOT a good combination. And we live in North Chuck. Ghettolicious.

I'm hoping my week will get better. At least I know what's behind it now. And while I'm thankful my friend listened when God woke her up this morning, I can't help but thinking I could've gotten the same information if I had been paying attention when He woke ME up at 4:00. Praise God for good friends.

No comments: