Monday, October 03, 2005

Two Peas in a Pod

I've been realizing lately that a lot of my best friends are people I've met through work. These are people I wouldn't have necessarily chosen as friends had I not worked with them and been forced into situations of getting to know them; a lot of them are nothing like me and there's just no way we would've hooked up under normal circumstances. But I've been blessed with having them for friends.

Someone who means a lot to me is Doodles, a.k.a. The Princess of the Southern Kingdom. She and I are not at all alike. She's blond; I'm brunette. She's skinny; I'm brunette. She's very girlie; me - not so much. She's dainty and pretty and sweet; I'm just me.

Anyway, regardless of our differences, I count her as one of my best friends. We've been working in close proximity for a few years now ... and over the years we have grown closer, getting all up in each other's business.

I have a hard time telling people how much they mean to me, unless, of course, they move to Germany, in which case I can tell them a thousand different ways. I've been feeling like I should be more intentional in expressing my love and gratitude to my friends, and something happened last week that confirmed that thought. Doodles, I respect you, I love you and I thank God for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock Lori!
a great friend, a great writer, a great co-worker, and one of the strongest women I've EVER met - that package makes it easy to love your guts!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad I worked with you....and moved to Germany, or I would have never known!

I love you too!