Monday, October 10, 2005

Tis the Season

I love this time of year. The holidays are right around the corner, the air is cool and crisp (somewhere) and I get to wear red and orange and brown. It's really superb.

This weekend I got started on my Christmas cards. Actually, that's not true. I started last weekend. Last weekend I made my list. This weekend I checked it twice. Seriously.

I have my cards ready to be addressed, I've got my final list, and I've decided the photo of Spanky and FrogBoy in front of the Statue of Liberty will be this year's insert. Life is good.

I absolutely love the holidays. I love Thanksgiving ... good food without the stress of presents and parties ... and I love Christmas ... because sometimes a little stress is good for the soul. I love the whole family thing. I love the weather and time off and holiday sales and no snow.

And the best part? Pumpkin Cheesecake. Oh. My. Goodness. If you haven't had pumpkin cheesecake, you haven't lived yet. Go to Barnes and Noble and get a slice or 6.

Pumpkin Cheesecake is like running barefoot through a meadow of daisies toward your beloved. It's like the 4th of July inside your mouth. It's like saying "I do." It's like finding a really great purse - on sale. You hear angels sing the Hallelujah Chorus when you have a bite of pumpkin cheesecake.

If someone were to choose you as their 40 Days of Community project, the best thing they could do would be to give you Pumpkin Cheesecake. Okay, that was shameless, but I don't care. This is The Stuff.

Try it. Get some to go, bring me a slice, and I'll share the joy with you. I'll sacrifice my non-existent diet just to get more people on the PC bandwagon. It's just that good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just browsing and found your blog. Very Nice!
I have a download music for free online site. It
pretty much covers download music for free online related stuff. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

Rod

Unknown said...

Amen on the Pumpkin Cheesecake, Lori! That will PREACH! (This is Nicole, by the way, the used-to-be-missions girl). I love your blog. I read it for some good laughs. You're a really good writer. Have you ever thought of doing a column or something for a parenting magazine? You're super gifted! Anyway, Starbucks Pumpkin Latte is also really good at this time of year. Try it next time with your Pumpkin Cheesecake! Bless you!