Sunday, January 01, 2006

Hallmark Moment

So I'm watching TV with SuperHubby the other night and a Hallmark commercial comes on. Sweet little commercial. Young woman, talking about how her dad died when she was 25 days old, and how she and her mom sent a Hallmark card up to heaven on a balloon.

WHAT???!!!!

Is there some reason the people at Hallmark feel compelled to make people cry? I can't get through a single ad for them without bawling like a baby. Are the people in their marketing department just plain evil?

At the end of the commercial, they had a website so you can share your very own Hallmark moment. I guess it's hard to come up with the tearjerkers sometimes and they need a little help. They could just make things up. That's what they do on the Hallmark channel.

Yep, that's right, they have their very own TV channel on which to spread their certain type of depression. Nice. A 2-hour Hallmark commerical -- now that's entertainment.

SuperHubby laughs at me. I get all teary and then start yelling at the TV - how this is the most stupid thing I've ever seen, what are they thinking, etc. I'm an emotional chick, believe it or not. And these ads really get me.

Personally, I prefer a good murder any day. Give me some blood and guts and cut out the Steel Magnolias crap. Now that would be an awesome commercial.

No comments: