Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I Stand Corrected

Evidently, I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. I discovered this fact this morning when I was talking to Pastor Geoff about my viewing of the new version of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. I took someone slightly older and much wiser to clue me in: apparently the "new" version is actually based on the book, while the "old" version really wasn't that close. So the thing I griped about was actually the original set to film, and the one I love has not much to do with what the author had in mind when he put pen to paper.

WORD OF THE DAY: OOPS.

I still don't like the newer movie. I don't like the tone. I don't like the plot. And I'm very disappointed in the Oompa Loompas. However, I tip my hat to the original, because it begat the better version. And I was reminded tonight by Spanky of that great repeating line from Johnny Depp..."You must stop mumbling, I can't understand you." I think I will start using that one quite a bit.

So my apologies to anyone who enjoyed the movie. I will continue to hang out with Zit Boy at Blockbuster...he, at least, agrees with me.

2 comments:

super Hubby said...

I have been using that great repeating line by Johnny Depp for years.

Anonymous said...

I too hated that movie and I had read the book several times. It seemed to take the lightness of the story and twist it into a grotesque fractured idea of how it should be. But you know what could I expect it was Tim Burton.

I too read your blog a lot and love it. Have a beautiful day!