Sunday, September 09, 2007

In the Kitchen with Lori

I found this pretty cool website the other day called www.startcooking.com. For those who really haven't been paying attention, I can't cook - at all - which is one reason I married a chef. (The fact that he was really cute didn't hurt matters.)

So I thought I would check out this website. After all, they claim to be able to take people like me, with absolutely no cooking talent, and teach them how to cook. I figured they were lying - most sites do when they're trying to let people know what their site is about - so I decided to check it out. I can't boil water, so how can I cook a gourmet meal?

I was pleasantly surprised to find that on this site, they actually teach you how to do the basics - for example - they walk you through the steps of boiling an egg, complete with video instruction. Then they teach you how to make things with that boiled egg (delived eggs anyone? how about egg salad??)

While this sounds pathetic to most of you reading this, it makes me very happy. I won't have to bother SuperHubby if I need to make rice. (spaghetti and pop tarts get old after awhile, even if you do rotate them in the menu). I haven't tried anything yet, just experimenting with the website for now...but watch for a future post on The Queen Conquering the Kitchen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You used to make an excellent carrot cake from Duncan Hines mix!

super Hubby said...

What do you mean "WAS" really cute?