Friday, February 08, 2008

Body Buzz

My mother sent me an email several weeks ago that I wanted to share, but I got caught up in Spanky having one of his body parts removed, and I forgot to post it. Luckily, I didn't forget forever.

Following is a list of little-known facts about the human body. Read and enjoy.

* Scientists say the higher your IQ, the more you dream. (In case anyone is wondering, I dream ALL THE TIME)
* The largest cell in the human body is the female egg. The smallest is the male sperm. (No comment)
* You use 200 muscles to take one step. (See, I DO exercise!)
* The average woman is 5 inches shorter than the average man.
* Your big toes have 2 bones each while the rest of your toes have 3.
* A pair of human feet contains 250,000 sweat glands. (This explains a lot)
* A full bladder is roughly the size of a softball. (That's gross)
* The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
* The human brain cell can hold 5 time as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica. (Unless you're the Professor, who actually read the encyclopedia for pleasure as a child...then all bets are off)
* It takes food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach. (Is that quicker for women because they're shorter?)
* The average human dream lasts 23 seconds.
* Men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair. (Can you imagine the grant application for funding of this research?!)
* At the moment of your conception, you spent about half an hour as a single cell. (I know a couple of people who never got past that point)
* There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.
* Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring a half gallon of water to a boil. (I'm HOT)
* Your teeth start growing 6 months before you're born.
* When you're looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate. They do the same thing when you're looking at someone you hate. (Very interesting...)
* Your thumb is the same length as your nose. (We actually tested this one in my office...and it appears to be true...except for freaks - Shawn - who have thumbs of two different lengths)

So those are your freaky facts for the day. I'm sure you're as enlightened as I was.
One more...

It is physically impossible to lick your elbow.
(Stop trying - it really is impossible)

3 comments:

Cindy and the Wards said...

I had no idea!

Super Rog said...

You forgot one. Short men are nicer, more intelligent, and just plain sexier than tall men.

Coach Sal said...

I wonder if Gene Simmons of KISS could lick his elbow. He might could do it without even lifting his arm.