Sunday, February 03, 2008

MOM OF THE YEAR

Yep, that's me. This morning, I secured my spot for at least the rest of 2008. I scored a Wii.

It hasn't been easy. Spanky wanted one for his birthday, and decided to save up all the money he would get from EVERYONE to get it. Then he also had to kick in some of his allowance. I knew he was serious when he agreed to give up all his birthday money and actually SAVE his allowance up to get the thing.

Unfortunately, his birthday is 17 days after Christmas, so it was really hard to find a Wii. I got a break from my little search when he had his appendix out - but after going back to school this week, his interest was back up and he started asking if I could find one...PLEASE.

So being the awesome mom I am, I got up early this morning and hit a local electronics store, which I personally hate. However, I will say they were very organized in their Wii-dealings. I got there 30 minutes before they opened, and 10 people had gotten there before me. They had 16 Wiis. But - and here's the smart thing - they were giving out vouchers. I was #13. However, when they opened the doors, I was the first one in line. They handed me Wii #13 and I was home in a mere matter of minutes, basking in the glow of my coolness.

So...Spanky has his Wii and I feel like Mom Extraordinnaire...but we haven't seen him all day. I guess that's the price you pay. Maybe tomorrow he'll let us play with it.

8 comments:

Coach Sal said...

I don't get the Wii. Tommy has one, and you use the little wand thingy to swing the golf club, or the tennis racket, or box the other guy, or whatever. Now, I understand getting sweaty actually PLAYING a sport. Or PRETENDING to play the sport while just using a couple of fingers on the controller and sitting down. But getting out of breath and sweaty while pretending to do something is beyond me. I miss the old Atari 2600. Now THAT was a game console! Space Invaders and Asteroid!

Super Rog said...

My mom's only the most awsomeest mom EVER and she doesn't even owe me a WII.

And I still bet that he likes SH better than you.

Super Rog said...

Oh and one more thing. This goes to prove that you are out to BUY Spanky's love.

I bet that your parents NEVER bought your love and tried to bribe you to be good. In fact, I bet you were good for nothing.

bekster said...

To answer Mr. Sal, for people like you who do sporty stuff anyway, the Wii would be pointless, but it is perfect for someone like me who likes the IDEA of sports and doesn't mind getting sweaty and out of breath but has NO actual body coordination. It allows me to try out different things without having to commit to play with people who actually know what they're doing and who would whip my butt. Doing the Wii actually makes me feel more inclined to play a REAL sport for fun, which is normally a hard thing to get me to do. Also, for people who do play real sports anyway, the Wii is great on days when it is raining or if it is really late at night. In fact, you could have done it when you were stuck on crutches and you didn't want to just be a couch potato...

Coach Sal said...

The only good thing about the Wii is that at least it doesn't have a zillion buttons like the PS2 or X-Box. I'm strictly a joystick with one button guy.

bekster said...

Yeah, that is definitely a good thing about it. I get confused by too many buttons. Tommy and I downloaded the original Super Mario Brothers and you just turn the Wii controller sideways to turn it into the original controller... pretty cool.

Lori Fitzgerald said...

I think Coach Sal (The Professor) is just jealous...

Coach Sal said...

Nah, not jealous, Just old and crotchety.