Saturday, February 16, 2008

Everything 80s is Cool Again

In my humble opinion, being a child of the 80s, everything 80s is cool STILL. That may have something to do with the total lack of musical talent (combine everyone with supposed talent from 1990 to the present and they would fit in Jon Bon Jovi's left pinky toe...with room left over). We also had the best movies ever. (On Valentine's Day I happily caught the last 10 minutes of Pretty in Pink...and was thrilled to gaze at the awesomeness of Jake Ryan once again.) And we had the best TV shows ever.

So this past week I was watching the news, and to my great surprise and delight discovered they are bringing back a classic. Yep, that's right...KITT is back.

My first thought was "Spanky is gonna love that show." That was quickly followed by "Who am I kidding?? I can't wait!"

There's just nothing like a talking car.

7 comments:

Super Rog said...

I grew up in the 80s too. I didn't even like them back then.

Ok a few cool shows:
Knight Rider
Dukes of Hazzard

Some cool music
I'd love to score the CD of U2's The Joshua Tree

But that's one of the only rock bands I liked back then, because as Barbara Mandrell said "I was country, when country wasn't cool."

Lori Fitzgerald said...

See, Super Rog, you're in luck. Knight Rider is coming back...

bekster said...

I caught only about the last half of the 80s. I DO remember watching "Knight Rider" when it was originally on the air, but I was young enough that it and most other things of that time were only perceived as vague impressions. As Larry & Ann pointed out not too long ago, I wasn't around (or old enough to pay attention to these things) when the "Thriller" video came out. This is something I really resent. Everything I love was before me, so I am destined to be a young poser for the rest of my life. My whole life has been an effort to experience the great things of the past in the present, but I know that this is an impossible goal. It's just NOT FAIR!

Well, maybe I'll live long enough to see pop culture come back around for my great-grandchildren...

Super Rog said...

Didn't see the Knight Rider deal. I was at the Thrive meeting for the Seacoast singles [and I still can't get a date]

Felicia said...

Hello Lori Fitzgerald. I haven't spoken to you, the queen of it all in quite sometime.
By the looks of it I have a LOT of reading to do to get caught up with you've had to say.

love,
felicia

p.s. Jake Ryan was soooo dreamy.

Lori Fitzgerald said...

Felicia Lou! Good to see you!!!
I live for 80s recap shows on VH-1 just to glimpse Jake Ryan!!

Coach Sal said...

It must have been Molly Ringwald weekend--I caught a few minutes of 16 Candles (and thought of you). I guess by now that KITT must stand for Knight Industries Ten Thousand. They really, really need to get David Hasselhoff to do a cameo on the pilot. That was about the 2nd coolest show intro ever (A man... who does not exist). The coolest was from the 6 Million Dollar Man.