Tuesday, February 05, 2008

False Advertising

We have a local glass replacement shop that frequently advertises (translation: all the time) on the radio. I get the pleasure of hearing their commercials several times a day. And frankly, I'm disgusted.

Said glass replacement shop touts that they will replace your windshield "FOR FREE" if you have insurance. DUH! If you have comprehensive insurance coverage, ANY glass replacement company will replace your windshield for free. This, friends, is false advertising. Or at least very deceptive advertising.

This particular company goes on to say that if you DON'T happen to have insurance, they will quote you a very good price on replacing your windshield. How kind. And nebulous, considering "very good" is quite the subjective term.

Every time I hear this commercial, I just get angry. Maybe it's because they're playing around with people who don't know any better. Maybe it's because it reminds me of the bad old days when I was an insurance agent. Maybe I'm just moody this month.

Whatever the reason, mark my words: this company will not be getting any business from the Fitzgerald household. I'm wise to their tricks.

3 comments:

bekster said...

Better not say that too loud... they might throw a rock at your window.

Anonymous said...

Even if you don't pay a dime, the insurance company does. Too many replacements or claims and you'll be dropped or end up paying higher rates. We discovered this tidbit after a run of bad luck with rocks on the highway.

Super Rog said...

Well if someone DOES throw a rock through your window, just remember:
It's your choice, insist on Glass Pro, it's your choice...Glass Pro