Sunday, July 10, 2005

Got a new purse this weekend. No big shocker there. The real surprise...it's pink. Not a little pink, but really pink, girlie pink.
This is a strange twist of events. I've been slowly coming around to pink, but more shocking pink than girlie pink. Holding on to that last bit of dignity.
I'm not a girlie girl. Haven't worn a dress since Easter 1998. Don't like frou-frou. No lace, no frills, no lipstick, nothing. And yet, I now own a very pink purse.
I love purses. I own several (only a slight understatement). I pride myself on having cool purses. Not your run-of-the-mill, can-find-them-anywhere, everyone's-carrying-it purses. But now I have a girlie pink purse.
I'm not sure what this means. I do know that I have been wanting this particular purse (although not necessarily in pink) for many years now. I find it odd that I have chosen my dream purse in such a feminine color.
Can lipstick be far behind?

No comments: