Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Queen is Not Happy

Two more days until the Big Trip to PA. And the queen is not happy.

I am 100% opposed to flying. It's not something I think I should do. Ever. And yet, I am putting myself, my children and SuperHubby on a smaller-than-I'd-like aircraft the day after tomorrow and calling it a "vacation." And I paid good money for this!

I am beside myself with worry. I have been hiding it well from my children. I have not been hiding it well from anyone else. Sadly, the adults in my life tend to taunt and tease rather than have compassion and understanding. Why are these people even my friends?

To make matters worse, I've had an incredibly wonderful week. Four friends of mine, several of which I haven't seen in a year or more, have all come to town and I've been able to spend time with them. Since I don't like people very much and don't have many friends as a result, having 4 come into town in the same week is like having 98% of my address book here.

Then SuperHubby's best friend calls tonight. How cool. They haven't talked in a really long time, so that was great. Plus I had a good day at work and my dad got moved into his apartment and life is good.

Which got me thinking....If everything is going so well, and everyone I've ever met is calling and stopping by to see me, we're probably looking at a plane crash at minimum. SuperHubby is not amused with my pessimistic attitude. I am not amused with SuperHubby's lack of concern for my all-too-real fear.

Ah, vacation. Sounds relaxing already.

No comments: