Friday, June 01, 2007

Enough about You, Let's Talk about Me

I never get to talk about myself on my blog (ha!), so I thought I'd take this opportunity to share with others a few nuggets - pearls, really - about myself that you may not know. Sure, everyone knows of my purse obsession, my fascination with daytimers and rubbermaid and all things organizing... but...

My birthday is August 25. Every year. Keep this in mind; it will be important later (in about 2 months, actually).

I am a Nervous Nelly when it comes to my children.

Once, in high school, I worked for a gourmet ice cream shop. They had a nifty machine that combined ice cream and candy bars - just like the Dairy Queen Blizzard, but it wasn't called that. It was a rip-off of the original. Directly across the mall from us was the only place we could get something to mix with the ice cream...Chick-Fil-A. They had just come out with a new-fangled item called Chicken Nuggets. Yes, we mixed them, and yes, they were pretty tasty.

I am double-jointed in my thumbs. I can bend them backwards behind the knuckles of my hand. I have very recently discovered that this makes Shawn weak in the knees. I will be displaying this talent more frequently at work now.

I bless people daily with my flowing mane of gorgeous hair.

I am extremely humble.

If I had been a boy, my parents were going to name me William Andrew. My initials would have been WAS.

I have really cool handwriting. SH says it's "bubbly" but people comment on it all the time. Mostly high school girls working the checkout at the grocery store, but at least they comment.

My dream car is still a Jeep Cherokee or a Range Rover, but I am tending to notice station wagons more and more. Heaven help me.

Now, hopefully, everyone can sleep a little sounder tonight, getting a slight glimpse into the lushishness that is ME.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I also suffer from FHS (Fabulous Hair Syndrome), and I also am very humble...