Friday, June 01, 2007

It's Always Something

I thought about calling this blog "If it's not one thing, it's your mother" because...funny story...I had to call the hospital switchboard last night because I couldn't get SH on the phone. Long story short, the operator asked who the patient was, I told her his name, she asked "Is this Lori?" - and it turned out my mother volunteers at St. Francis and was answering the phones. Odd.

Anyway - SuperHubby remains in the hospital. Bummer. He is still having severe dizziness and nausea - and now he has blurred vision to accompany all the other junk. He hasn't eaten much since the surgery either. The doctor came in this morning and told him he could leave whenever he wanted, but the nurses, who as we all know are really the ones in control, told SH he would NOT be leaving until he could get rid of some of the yuck stuff - mainly the dizziness. They had him attempt to sit in a chair - which lasted all of about 10 minutes - so we're in a holding pattern now.

When I talked to SH from the carpool line earlier, he told me they asked him what he wants for dinner. Sounds to me like they don't anticipate him going anywhere this evening. I personally think the nurses just have the hots for my Super Cute SuperHubby and are keeping him around for his outstanding good looks and charm.

So, as usual, a "routine" procedure is anything but routine in our house. He was supposed to stay 23 hours...he's been there 3 days - so far. I'm tired, I'm hot and my hair looks like crap. Just wanted everyone to be updated.

No comments: