Thursday, June 21, 2007

Professor Buttmunch - Part Deux

If you haven't read the previous Professor Buttmunch post, you need to go back and do that now. I'll wait.

Okay - so since my buttheaded brother made me rethink my entire daytimer philosophy, I have purchased 2 more daytimers. These are both 16 month dealies, which is really cool, because I can start using them in August. They are also both specifically designed for moms, which is one thing I remain consistent about - for now.

Anyway - that means I'm going to have to devote some time to filling out the new daytimers. But that's okay. Because my buttmunch brother was at camp all last week - with Spanky in tow - and he left yesterday for Rome (for 2 weeks). So, if you refer to my post several years ago when he went on a summer RV trip, you know that I am desperately bored when he is out of town. It's not that we talk that often (several times a week), it's just that he's one of the few people I can say "Dad's being Dad again" and he doesn't (1) wonder what I mean (2) get upset or (3) care. It's just a statement.

All that said, I love the big buttmunch, so please pray for their safety traveling (as well as keeping up with a bunch a highschoolers). The great news is that my sis-in-law got offered 2 jobs, one of which she accepted right before they left on their trip, so that particular prayer request has been answered in spades.

Now, I just have to get through until July 6th without anyone to talk family trash talk with. Any takers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got me, Babe!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I almost don't feel like checking the blogs for a while since two of the good ones are out of commission for two weeks... I would be bored too except helping to keep the children entertained is pretty entertaining in itself...

Super Rog said...

RV Trips? You've never been on one until you've been on one until you've been on one with my family.

This is the extended family. See, I'm the youngest out of all of my grandparents grandkids. As a result, when all of my aunts and uncles and my parents retired my 1st generation cousins were grown with kids of their own and I was still in school. So, when my dad bought a motorhome for the family to take trips in, I had to go.

So it was me, Mom, Dad, Aunt Elsie, Uncle David, Aunt Lois, Uncle Hugh, Aunt Sis [widowed] Aunt Doris [either divorced or widowed---I never understood which] Aunt Betty and Uncle Carry. To be clear, these are all my dad's sisters and their husbands. Once or twice, dad's brother, Uncle Herburt and his witch...I mean wife Aunt Carrie Mae [yes, that was her name] joined us.

Purpose of trips: SHOPPING!!!! I've never seen a bunch of white-haried old ladies have what can only be described as near orgasmic exitment over a shoe sale.

We'd go from Charleston to Sumter SC, pick up Aunt Lois and Uncle Hugh, then stop in Richmond VA and spend the night with Aunt Betty and Uncle Carey. Next day...off to PA. There were these outlet stores there that these old women loved.

Oh and then there was the food. Generally, it was contientital breakfast at the hotel. Snacks on board the motorhome for lunch. Mostly eaten by the men, since taking the time for a Ritz cracker only slowed the women-folk down.

Then supper. We'd pull into a resturant. Then look at it from the parking lot.

"Wanna eat here?"
"Huh?"
"What?
"What did you say?"
"Wanna eat here?
"I guess so."
"Wonder what kind of food they have?
"Huh?"

ME: IT'S CALLED FRED'S SEAFOOD, I BET THEY HAVE SEAFOOD. NOW LET'S GO IN!!!!!"

Everyone else: Huh? What"
My dad: Roger. Hush up and sit down...so do y'all wanna eat here?

And on it went.

Then the hotel room. Ok I never got to sleep in the hotel rooms. Dad was too cheap. Mom, Dad, Aunt Elsie, Uncle David and I slept in the motor home parked in the hotel parking lot.

Night before, we went in to plan next shopping day. Less planning went into D-Day.

But, just as plans were being finalized [only to be changed the next day] Aunt Elsie would always leave us with this disturbing image: "Does anyone have to get into the bathroom before I do? I might have to sit there for a while."

And they wonder why I'm not "normal"