Sunday, June 03, 2007

Professor Buttmunch

SuperHubby is still in the hospital, there's so much rain I need an ark, my hair is nasty and frankly, I'm a little menstrual. And then it happens. My brother, The Professor, changes from Nice Older Brother to Professor Buttmunch. Quick. It happened so fast, I almost missed it. Almost.

Me: "What's up?"
Him: "Not much. I'm so glad you called."
Me (suspicious): "Why?"
Him: "Because you're the best sister in the world. You're awesome; perfect really. I can't believe how blessed I am to have you for a sister. You are really wonderful."
Me: "Really?"
Him: "Oh yeah. I mean, I don't know how you do it. You have great hair, you're super funny, smart, cute, I could go on and on..."
Me: "Aw, shucks..."
Him: "You're the only one I can really talk to. See, I'm having this issue with my daytimer..."

Okay, the conversation may not have gone completely like that, but it was close, and he did move it toward the daytimer problem. At which point I started telling him the intricate details about my 2 favorite daytimer systems: the Go Mom! (www.gomom.com) and the WhoMi (www.mywhomi.com). Both are specifically designed for moms, which I explained probably wouldn't work for his needs, but they are awesome daytimers.

So I spent several minutes discussing the things I like in a daytimer (vertical days rather than boxes that cause my eyes to flit all around the page), weekly layout, room to write. I started to explain that I'm using the WhoMi right now, in a wallet size, because it has different areas for each member of my family and it's color-coded. However, I have to shrink my fat bubbly handwriting to make it fit and there's no space for notes or lists or to-do items. So maybe I should go back to the Go Mom! daytimer. I have 2 in my desk drawer (please, no comments on that...it's just sad).

Here's my problem: I was completely satisfied with my daytimer status until The Professor brought it up. Now I am rethinking the whole thing. What a conundrum.

As of 8:00 last night, my brother will be officially known as Professor Buttmunch. At least for today.

No comments: