Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Never Say I Can't Laugh at Myself

Okay, so I wasn't going to post this, but my officemates said I should, so I'm going to open up and be completely transparent with all my friends out there in blogland.

The other night, I got up from sleeping and had to pee. Nothing new there, I do that all the time. When I took my seat on the pot, I realized the bowl wasn't as cold as it normally is. The thought was very brief (it was the middle of the night) and I just figured one of the boys I live with had recently been sitting in the same spot. It didn't occur to me that they don't usually sit, and I generally find this out because it's wet. But I digress.

So anyway, all this didn't make any sense until I got up. Then it dawned on me...I hadn't gotten my shorts down far enough and I had peed on my shorts. How embarrassing is that? I'm almost 37 years old and I wet my pants.

Then I did what anyone else would have done if they had peed on themselves in the middle of the night. I kicked the shorts to the corner of the bathroom floor and went back to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bladder is the second thing to go! And at your age, I'm suprised it didn't go sooner!

Lori Fitzgerald said...

Whoever wrote that was just being mean. And they didn't even have the nerve to put their name so I could make fun of them in a future post...

Super Rog said...

Wow. You peed, Coleman pooped and Scott said that Tradd couldn't poop so he asked for a vegetable.
[Oh man that was funny...read Scott's blog]

All of which reminds me of our family vacations. My extended family [parents, aunts and uncles] used to go on trips in our motor home.

Whenever we'd go on them, we usally wound up in a hotel for the night. Well, half of them did, dad was too cheap and we had to sleep in the motor home in the parking lot.

Anyway, my dad's family has always had this disturbing facination with...shall we say bodily functions. I don't mean laughing about them the way most people do, I mean for them every pee or poop is a cause to tell the others about it...often during dinner.

Ok so on every trip, and almost every night of those trips, my Aunt Elsie [dad's sister] would make the following annoncement while we sat in the hotel room: "Does anyone want to go into the bathroom before me? I might have to sit for awhile."

And my friends wonder where I get my view from askew from.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Who do you think would make such a comment about your age. I mean you are much older than me!