Monday, September 19, 2005

Another One Bites the Dust

I am very saddened by the recent demise of the marriage of Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney. I'm even more sad that I didn't really realize a wedding had taken place before the marriage was over.

Apparently, these 2 crazy kids (both rapidly approaching 40) decided to get married after a lengthy courtship ... all of 4 months. The marriage lasted 4 months as well. Not many people can meet, date, get married and get divorced all in the same year (except Britney Spears, but she doesn't count for anything, ever).

Renee has cited "fraud" in her annulment petition. Um, she's an actress, which means "fraud" is pretty much the basis of her life ... so I don't get it. According to my sources (People magazine), Renee and Kenny had different plans for their marriage that they didn't realize at the onset of the deal. Gee, there's an argument for getting to know someone before you marry them. At least find out their middle name.

So, to help out those who are not currently attached but happen to be reading my blog, which I think consists of my my 11-year-old nephew and some random guy in Nebraska named Bo, I have compiled a helpful little list of things to consider before marrying someone:
  • Do they have a history of loonies in their family? (okay, granted, my brother and I would both be very sad and lonely people if this meant you couldn't get married, but it would be nice for people to know going in what they're getting)
  • Do their feet stink? Do you care?
  • What do they look like at their worst? My suggestion ... ring their doorbell at 3 a.m. and see how pretty they are. Anyone can look nice for a date. The challenge is looking ... and acting ... nice in the middle of the night.
  • Do they roll the toilet paper from the top or bottom? Will this cause arguments, or will you simply change it every single time so it rolls right?
  • Will your married name cause you to have initials that spell something bad?
  • Is their family ugly? It doesn't matter if they're gorgeous, if there's a history there, chances are, you're gonna have not-so-pretty kids.
  • Have they written a song about you prior to meeting you? (Kenny did) If so, join me in looking up the definition of "stalker."
  • Do you live in Hollywood (CA, not SC)? If so, it's a pretty good bet you shouldn't get married, not now, not ever. You can't be happy. You can only be rich. It's a rough life but you chose it. Now go and enjoy your gobs of money ... alone.

I'm hoping to have this included in our wedding manual at church. I think there's some good stuff here. And to Renee and Kenny, we mourn the loss of your union. We'll see you in 4 months, flaunting the new "love of your life."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google Blog Search
No Votes Yet. You can be the first! | Rate It: 1 2 3 4 5 Comment Reported by: mike7 at 08:33 PM Just got here? Visit our main page for the latest gadget news Reader Comments [ Slappa PSP Hardbody PSP Daily Case ...
Hello, Great blogger you got here! It's very easy to use so I'll give it a bookmark. I think you have a good setup here.

I have a stretch suv limousine picture, site. It pretty much covers stretch suv limousine picture, related stuff.

Come take a peak if you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

i think that everyone should shut up about kenny and renne, they are humans just like we are, so they screwed up we all do. RIGHT? Let there personal life go, let them think it over, you know how hard it has to be hearng everyone talk about how they screwed up? The only thing we should know about the two of them is entertainment. His music, and her movies, thats all. I guess thats to much to ask of this gossip world we live in.

Lori Fitzgerald said...

Not only are you rude, anonymous, you also misspelled Renee's name.

Anonymous said...

A little bird tells me that after 4 months, Kenny Chesney finally took off the 10 gallon hat and Renee woke up to this sight:

http://www.reneesfansite.com
/images/chesneybald.jpg

Anonymous said...

What a sad story, you would think the 2 crazy kids marriage would've lasted longer. Limousine Service

long beach limos said...

I think, its there personal life, whatever they want to do they can, we have to do our work , and let them do their !!

Buy Here Pay Here said...

Divorce is never fun, that's for sure.