Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Feel the Love

Spanky and I were running errands the other day, and before we left the driveway, I was checking my reflection, making sure I was having a good hair day. I was. Or so I thought.

Anyway, while my hair looked particularly stunning, I noticed, much to my shock and dismay, that there were an amazingly large number of gray hairs in my head. I did what any logical woman who just passed her 35th birthday would do: I started yanking those puppies out by the root.

Spanky noticed my dilemma. The grays seemed to multiply as I pulled them out. He asked what I was doing. (I should mention he looked a little befuddled and I'm sure he thought I'd lost my mind. This is a commonplace event in our house though, so he moved on.) I answered that I was yanking the gray hairs out of my head, and made a comment about having so many.

Then my precious child said, "Mommy, you don't have gray hair."

What a sweet kid.

"Sure I do, honey, they're all up here." I even pointed in case he missed them. Cute kid. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

But wait. "No, Mommy, you don't have gray hair. Really! They're all white."

This is the kid I almost died giving birth to. I feel the love.

No comments: