Saturday, September 17, 2005

There is a Season

Autumn is by far my most favorite time of year. I love everything about it: the cool weather, the reds, oranges and browns, the fact that fall clothes look best on me. Who could ask for more?

I was very excited yesterday when Mr. Weatherman told me that fall was on it's way. "Expect cooler temperatures this weekend." Hooray! Mr. Weatherman failed to mention that by "cooler," he meant "90" and not "so hot you really can't breathe."

The official first day of autumn is next week (Sept 22, mark your calendar). This has me eagerly anticipating all the things I love most about the season. A few of my faves:
  • denim jackets
  • new daytimers in stores now!
  • chili and cornbread
  • clunky shoes
  • football
  • Thanksgiving
  • pumpkin pie
  • Christmas shopping and sending Christmas cards
  • funky pajamas
  • naked trees
  • no poodle hair
  • not having to shave my legs every day
  • the anticipation of winter break - 1 glorious week at home with SuperHubby and the boys, with nothing to do but organize and fill out my new daytimer!

Of course, I will have to wait until the end of October before I can even think of donning my autumn wardrobe. And then, since we are, after all, livin' the wonderful life in the lowcountry, we'll only have 2 weeks of fall before the weather changes again. Oh well...it's better than hurricane season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so like why isn't FOOTBALL first??? And the naked tree thing...it worries me...

Lori Fitzgerald said...

Obviously, D has been online without parental supervision. Aunt Lori should remind you to be nice...Christmas is coming.

Anonymous said...

Actually, he was reading over the shoulder of sis in law and she thought his aunt would get a kick out the comment he made!