Friday, August 19, 2005

SuperHubby's Mid-Life Crisis

Most guys, when they start getting a little old, go through what we call a mid-life crisis. They'll get a sports car. Or a motorcycle. Or they'll start doing the bad dye job or serious combover. SuperHubby has gotten himself a girlfriend.

Her name is Tang Soo Do. (She's Korean.) She has a lot of guys interested in her, but that doesn't seem to bother SuperHubby, so hey, more power to him. He spends every Wednesday with her. Frankly, it's nice to have a little down time.

Now, I love SuperHubby, please don't misunderstand. I just have an small issue with him dancing around in a dress, swinging a sword. Oh, he calls it "martial arts," but I beg to differ. It just looks like a mid-life crisis in motion to me.

The dress is nice. Basic black. It looks good on him. Looks nice with the black and white sandals he wears with it. And he carries a black bag, so he matches quite well. Still, I'm a more than a little concerned.

What if my children see this? What if my children want to be like "daddy." Honesty, right now, it's hard to tell us apart. (Actually, not really. He's the one in the dress.)

I guess it's better than a combover. At least he doesn't have to worry about his dress getting messed up when he decides to ride with the top down. Now if I could just get him to stop swinging that sword around...

No comments: