Friday, August 12, 2005

A Tale of Two Bosses

I have two bosses. They are both Diet Coke addicts. At least they were until this week. That's when the world of "As Secoast Turns" was turned upside down.

Shawn decided he needed to give up Diet Coke cold turkey. He doesn't want his new baby to be born with a can of DC in his/her hand. I applaud his resolve. I also think it's a little humorous; I remember giving up food and being super-healthy as a first-time parent; by the time #2 rolls around, it's all about eating the good stuff. But Shawn is convinced he should be caffiene-free for his child, so more power to him.

Geoff immediately joined in with an "I'm-here-for-you-brother" attitude. Wonderful. What a friend. But wait, these are men we're talking about. It took about 4 minutes for the whole "we're in this together" thing to become a Major Competition. Who didn't see that coming?!

It's been a week (5 days really) since they start on the no-DC quest. I think they've both held off pretty well. Frankly, I thought they'd both be a little cranky by now, but I haven't seen that. Of course, Geoff left town, which was probably smart, but Shawn has actually gone overboard in the other direction...he's been Mr. Super-Nice since dumping the caffeine.

Now may be the time to ask for a raise. Or gifts. Shawn had claimed he was going to get me an iPod. I didn't believe him. But I think a little friendly competition in the spoiling of The Queen might be in order. What do you say, Geoff?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I crack first in the Diet Coke war I'll buy you an Ipod, an Izod and an Isuzzu. (It may just be the decaffinated tea talking)